Sunday, January 23, 2011

One More Time

When we get down, when the odds seem insurmountable, when problems pile up, it's merely just life's way of telling us what we must do; reevaluate ourselves, our beliefs, our values and figure out what sacrifices we must make, what things we must no longer do, and the things that we need to continue to do.

Recently I found myself in a place where there was nothing but question marks in nearly every direction I looked. This is partly because 6 months ago when I was in the same place I failed to realize what I must do. We can't sit around and wait for things to happen, react to them. If we sit there with the unknown out there and simply react when the unknown happens, we will live in a perpetual state of fear of that unknown. What we must do is change those question marks into goals. They must be realistic, they must be challenging, they must be what we commit ourselves to. If we work towards our goals that we now set, that we now see instead of question mark, we can only fear one thing; fear itself. The idea is sometimes all to inescapable. How, when we fail, when we do not succeed, do we pick ourselves back up and continue to push on to achieve what we want? It's a tough question to answer, and an even tougher question to do something about.

The majority of the people in this world will work towards a goal. They will be thrown adversity and instead of pushing through it, they simply do what is easiest, and choose an easier goal to accomplish. We do this plenty as human beings, we constantly try and make decisions that give us instantaneous pleasure, rather than make a decision that might hurt in the short term, but be best in the long term. I'm guilty of this as often as you perhaps, but the realization, the self-realization has led me to belief that I am stronger than all of that. That I can obtain the goals that I set for myself and with plenty of determination to do it. All it takes is an idea. The idea that nothing will hold me back, nothing will stand in my way. I've done this, proved myself of this feat on so many levels, it's hard to believe that I still fall into the societal way of thinking. That I care what others think, that I care that I failed once or twice.

To truly go after your goals, you must figure out what it is that you want. Where some of how I'm going to get there is still up in the air, I vow to live my life by some simple principles, some simple truths that I will not, under any circumstances, break for.

*Love & support my family at all costs.
*Be positive and find a way to succeed
*Take popular opinion with a grain of salt, but follow my heart
*Live life to it's fullest. Take advantage of every situation no matter how bad it might seem
*There is always room for self growth
*Help others with all your heart, as in the end it's all for your heart
*Work to improve friendships and relationships
*Have wealth. Wealth in love, in life, and in the people who are in my life
*Share my life with others, and be happy to share others lives with me

If I constantly work at achieving, and improving these areas I will live a life of greatness.



So crazy, beat the strain

No comments:

Post a Comment