Friday, March 27, 2009

The Grind Continues

I've always been told that March is, "in like a lion, out like a lamb." Or vice versa, "in like a lamb, out like a lion." That must be a western hemisphere thing.
On March 6th, we got blown up. March 24th 2nd Platoon got blown up in nearly the same exact spot. A vehicleborne IED blew up. A dog handler ended his own life. And my girlfriend celebrated her 24th Birthday. Happy Birthday Gina.



We are not exactly to the end of the month yet, but having seen how the tempo has picked up this last week, and how it looks to be increasing in the next few weeks, I'm not entirely sure when I'll have time to write another blog.

Baseball season is nearly approaching, which happens to be my favorite time of year. The weather here is still very nice, surprisingly. Every once in awhile I find myself thinking that the weather feels like a beautiful Saturday morning in my hometown of Sylmar. The sun is warm on the skin, but not blaring hot. It's bright, and the sky is blue. You don't have to squint, but sunglasses are a nice option. It feels like baseball season here. It feels like opening day up at SIBL.

Other than nice weather, early mornings and late nights, I am doing well. I still will find myself finding time for the gym, and with four months effort put in I've gained 12 pounds. April 6th will be the end of four months here, and the start of five. It also nearly be a month till I come home. A much needed vacation from this place.

3 days left in the month. Opening Day is tomorrow, and Slumdog Millionaire was a good movie.

"If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now."

1 comment: