Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thanks

I received one piece of mail. It was from my Grandma and Grandpa. They are living with my parents at the moment, because a fire in November took theirs and many others houses and possessions. With all the hectic stuff going on in their lives, it was nice to get a letter from my Grandma. It makes the heart a little warmer.
There is nothing that boosts morale more here, than getting a letter from loved ones. Getting a comment on a facebook or myspace picture. Getting special emails from girlfriends. Or getting a care package with things from the heart.
I have a very good support chain back home despite the last few months of their lives being busy and abnormal. My brother started the LA Police Academy and is busy with that. My parents have been helping my grandparents out after there house was destroyed, and trying to figure out a way for them to stay on the property. My sister is on the home stretch of finishing her four year degree, and is plenty busy with studies. My girlfriend has been very supportive and helps me to smile everyday. All of my friends have been writing me emails and leaving messages on facebook to let me know that they are proud of me, and what they are doing.
The feeling I get when I think about the sacrifice of time they give me is an unmatched one of happiness. I'm not sure I thank them enough when I talk to them. I'm already 2 and a half months into this deployment, and it's been along the easy side thanks to all of the support that I have received from home. I appreciate you all, and am very thankful for all that you do, including putting up with the reading of this blog. Thank You. -Jeff

2 comments:

  1. keep up the blogging . . . i love reading it at work! and you even inspired me to do a lil blogging myself, although my stories are never as interesting as yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you read a lot, I had no idea you were such a gifted writer! I'm enjoying your blog. The McKinneys are so proud of you! Soldier, airborne, 82nd, WOW! I called your Grandma for her birthday and we talked over an hour. Take care. You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete