Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Night Man Prophecy Cometh

It was just as normal a night as any other. I had just returned from a refreshing shower and was readying for bed. I had just flipped up my computer screen and put on some music that could soothe my sunburn. The shadow passed over me quickly, as I stood hunched over my computer. I was startled. I wasn't alone in being scared, as multiple people in the tent saw the movement from above.

The lights flickered, and then went out. Only computer screens kept enough light to see the intruder sail by. Two of us grabbed flashlights, luckily placed conveniently close. We staggered back to back, seemingly surrounded. Pim and I grabbed what we could for weapons. Unfortunately only shoes. Now equipped with some kind of self defense mechanism, and flash lights in the dark expanse of the tent, we began the hunt.

As soon as I stepped away from his close cover, I was struck in the face, nearly taking me off my feet. I dove into cover across my bed, and he was ambushed too. They I scrambled back to feet, rolling and tumbling over my bed and to his help. By the time I got there, the attacker, retreating to a corner of the tent. He began maneuvering in the shadows where I lights would not reach, knocking over equipment seemingly all around us.

He flew past us, but wasn't precise enough to stun a counter attack. We rushed after him towards the corner, where like hound dogs trapped in the fox. We fixed our lights upon him, and Pim, with the hand of mighty Zeus, let his hammer of a shoe slam into the beast which had haunted us. The first blows were insignificant, though malicious on our part. We continued, like an African drum band to pound blow after blow upon our attacker.

Blood was everywhere, ours and his. He had caused much agitation inside the small tent. But we had defeated him, before he was able to suck our blood, or carry us off. The moth we killed lie there, still and crushed. We, unwaveringly gave a sigh of relief. We would be able to sleep safely tonight.

A swooping sound flutters by angrily. Perhaps a second intruder, possibly a third show themselves briefly in the dim light. I grab my size ten and a fresh set of batteries. Pim, the Dominican Devil, and myself; we hunt late into the night!


Fighter of the Night Moth-man, oooh whoa ooooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment