Monday, March 14, 2011

Not For The Birds

The sunset was gone before I could watch it and I remind myself that I like sunrises better anyways. Time for the second slows way down and I can feel the second hand struggling it's normal progression forward. I will it to not move and try and freeze this moment of time like so many I've wished to have before. It's not a special occasion like the other ones I think of: California, City-Walk, or surfing at Mondo's. This one isn't anything but the pure moment of life and what the majority of what that consists of; nothing.

I don't want to offend you, so I bite my tongue every time I go to speak. You say this and that, but do the opposite. It confuses me and I start to wonder how the roles have reversed. I cling to my cloud of ignorance, but it begins to drip with rain and I'm soaked in stupidity. I see the signs, the target, but can't pull the trigger and put it down. These thoughts all happen at once and I can't even keep up.

I jump on the page my mind just flipped to. I have yet to crest the quarter century mark of life and yet I find a truth to be evident about myself. Never settle for second best. Never compromise for the things in life that will only leave you aspiring for more. It's a bitter taste to swallow when I think of the things my heart yearns for, and yet it still tastes sweet in the end.

A conversation today gave me a pen to draw conclusions and I took my artistic liberties with it. I'm young, but at my age if I'm not looking for something more permanent, something to experience and be happy about, then I'm wasting precious time. We could be gone any minute. Squandering time is a fear of mine along with settling for anything less than best. Knowing exactly what I want is easy, looking past that, looking past subtleties that don't paint that picture full will only leave me upset and unhappy.

I find all kinds of people interesting, and many women fun to kiss. It's tough to turn the back on some of that in order to fulfill my ultimate destiny. But it's a choice that I have, and exercise my right to do is compelled by a simple will to do better for myself in every aspect of life. I'm meant to do great things, with you or without you. I feel that the supplementary factors like who's involved in your life should make you strive even harder and further to fulfill not only my own dreams and finish my own sculpture of life, but to also help those around me achieve their goals.


Waiting for my sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment