Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ways to get Higher

I can't say what I'm understanding, but I'm sure you'll talk about it one day.

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo. I was never one that could be decisive on such a big decision. Well, unless there was some kind of pressure on me to do so. Hold a gun to my head, and I seem to perform better. A fact that I admire about myself is the ability to perform under pressure. If I elevate whatever it is that I'm doing when I get the pressure, the heat, the fire from the kitchen; how then do I turn the heat up on myself?

That question is about as easy to answer, or figure out as the age old cliche of 'why are we here?' I'm not sure that I'll ever figure out that level of self motivation, but it doesn't mean that I won't try. As far as tattoo's are concerned, I don't think I'll be throwing them on the burner anytime soon.

This black holed sun, though, it rotates, sleeps and dives deeply into something I cannot grasp. It slips through the cracks between my fingers. The clock, ticking away in the corner of the bright room, stares straight through me. I swallow knives of anxiety. It stops, reverses and speeds up. The room cascades through morning and night, light and dark and I sit vacuous.

I could be slumbered over the side of the prison I call a chair. Things have stewed for years to a point. It has to be done, and the timing could be worse. The ambiance mounting it's offensive, I rotate slowly towards the reflection of myself. I splash cool water of reality onto the vacuumed expression casually laying down on my face. What's something that will transcend the generations of my life to come and still connect my youth to my elderly self.

The argumentation within the forum of my brain constantly results in a parlay resulting in no action. Obedience betrays something sweltering deep inside, but the disobedience isn't worth the risk which I always calculate like a Julius in battle. The thoughts come and go. Some stick through a few days, but as my grandfather would say, nothing oatmeal's against my ribs. It's so hard to swallow, but I think one day, I will have a drink.


Take it easy, but take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment