Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bloggin'

Three days already into November, and I haven't had a chance to blog.

What have we been doing lately that has kept me so busy? Getting ready to come home. It's strange that we have been here for 11 months now, and to be honest, it has been the quickest 11 months of my life. I suppose not ever having a 'day off' or nights forgotten due to blackout drunkenness, or fast food, has allowed the time to fly.

The strangest thing happened. I shivered and it was 88 degrees. I also drove a vehicle more than just backing it up, or pulling it forward. It was quite an adventure, considering I hadn't driven since May.

You would think, with deployment nearly over, and home so close I would be in a better state of ecstasy. I haven't really even thought about home as a possibility though. It seems unreal. Dreams are weirder, and I can't seem to place how or why they happen. Even with Beer, family, and friends on the horizon, my thoughts can't seem to escape to the bliss. They stay near, and don't drift.

Even coming so close, my writing ideas are failing me. All I want to talk about is the stupidity of missions that we are going on lately, but due to operations security, I can't yet do that. (Give me a few weeks) So, instead I sit and think, and look at football scores, root against the Phillies, skip meals from over sleep, and look at the faces of the FNG's as I denounce all the expectations they had for here. My anger and frustration seeps over, and they're turned off, stop listening, and hope it's the war they joined to fight. Bad news boys, this war's not over, but they're not going to let you fight it.

Who is they anyways?


There's that one click interval they wanted...

No comments:

Post a Comment